We are looking for a new colleague for the role of Linux System Engineer, who will join our team and will be responsible for the Linux IT Support processes for our client’s headquarters, in Bucharest. It will be braced by a team of IT specialists, organized by technologies and skill levels.
There are various technical tasks that will need to be performed in this role:
- Troubleshoot various Linux desktop and server-related issues.
- Install, configure and maintain Linux servers.
- Install, configure and maintain system software, both commercial packages and various freely available software (including Apache, MySQL, Networker, PHP, etc).
- Patch both system and 3rd party vendor software to ensure security and stability. Monitor for patch releases and work with the customers and other admins to ensure the patches are applied in a timely manner.
- Provide consulting in both the selection and purchase of hardware and software.
- Ensure the secure and effective operation of computing systems through compliance with procedures and IT Internal Operating Procedures.
- Work with other system engineers and vendors to resolve both hardware and software issues.
- Utilize Internet resources (mailing lists, blogs, etc.) to resolve problems with open-source software.
- Develop and document procedures for startup, execution, shutdown, backup and recovery.
- Monitor systems performance.
- Support data storage systems and backup services.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or combined work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for user support and the ability to work well with peer system administrators is required.
- Experience with creating scripts using BASH or other scripting languages is required.
- Demonstrated capabilities to work in a dynamic environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of multiple operating systems is preferred.
- Individuals must be able to work under supervision and take direction to complete tasks assigned.
- Good documentation skills, including the ability to prepare simple documentation web pages are also desired
- Understanding of Linux platform components: file systems, processes, memory, etc.
- Ability to operate distributed applications on Linux/Unix platforms
- Familiarity with Bash scripting
- Working knowledge of SQL database operation and programming
- Experience troubleshooting and addressing incidents from local and distributed applications
- Pro-actively monitor network and system performance, respond to, and manage, network-reported and customer-reported incidents
- Take ownership to ensure resolutions are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform general “system administration” tasks on all elements of the network including business applications, databases and web servers
- Through a proactive and systematic review, discover opportunities for improvement in areas which could impact system performance or customer satisfaction
As an IT Support Engineer, you will gain immediate exposure and may already have some knowledge of the:
- Linux Server Administration
- Network/Security – VPN, subnetting, routing etc
- Scripting – Python, Bash
- Database Administration – MySQL
- Configuration Management
- Orchestration and Automation – Ansible, Jenkins